Alright, so the title is still a work in progress, if you guys have any suggestions let us know.
The Sabres Links
- The Buffalo News has some reaction to the Vanek journal entry we posted here yesterday.
- John Stevens feels that the Flyers don't need to pick up another defensemen and that their greatest trade is going to be the return of a healthy Briere in the lineup. Haven't the Sabres used that line before at some point.
- Bob Ford over at the Philadelphia Enquirer feels that Marty Biron needs to step up his game this season if the Flyers have any chance of making some noise in the playoffs.
- Travis over at Broad Street Hockey has a bunch of really good links over there as well.
Our Playoff Foes
- Habs Eye on the Prize is bringing to light that Tampa really was looking to move Vincent Lecavalier to the Canadiens. Can we personally thank them that they didn't.
- Japers' Rink has a recap of the Canadiens/Capitals game last night.
- The Daily News has a recap of the Rangers/Islanders game from last night.
Around the Rest of the League
- The Albany River Rats, farm team of the Hurricanes, were involved in a bus accident last night in Massachusetts.
- NHL.com has been named one of the most innovative sports companies.
Conference Standings (as of last night)
1. Boston (88 points)
2. Capitals (79 points)
3. Devils (77 points)
4. Flyers (69 points)
5. Rangers (68 points)
6. Canadiens (67 points)
7. Panthers (66 points)
8. Sabres (66 points)
9. Hurricanes (61 points)
10. Penguins (60 points)
Game preview will be up soon.